Open!

| Monday, April 5, 2010

Recently I read a paper entitled “Open Access: Why should we have it?” As someone who promotes open thinking, open source software, open data formats and other forms of openness, it is rewarding to see that there is tangible evidence of the value of these practices. Although the paper focuses on open access journals/articles in the physical sciences, I think that it is safe to generalize the results to all areas of academic research.

Talking of academic research, I had to do a statistic analysis report recently.. whew! I don’t miss my school days at all!! LOL Well, this specific article I was given to report on was a disaster! Personally, I'm not very much of a "stick to a diet" for health benefits kind of person. I believe in eating what appeals to me but in the right quantity. And a good mix of exercise would do the trick for a healthy life, no need for any Cocoa/Tea diet!!

I am all about being open and clear with my thoughts and ways. That does not mean I am going to discuss my life history with everyone who comes around. Rather, I am someone who values open communication of my thoughts with the people that matter to me. As many of my friends would agree, it is dangerously easy for anyone to get the wrong idea about me and my intentions without talking to me. I am not to be blamed for it too; I do carry myself with pride. Nothing wrong with that in my book, though, I will agree that it can intimidate many. Egoistic some call, hard headed others say, vein some murmur, full of your self many joke.

But those of you who have had the opportunity to know me would (hopefully) agree otherwise. And honestly it does not matter if they (the one who knows me) agree or not ‘cause I know what I am and that is all that matters! Et voila, a brilliant finishing statement to the above paragraph! Lol

In other stories I recently got my second!! ticket for not wearing my seat belt!!!! It was a spell cast by my angel, who was only wishing me well. I have promised myself to always wear my seatbelt from then on. So, if I am with any one of you guys and not wearing my seat belt, please remind me and I promise not to argue or ignore.
I have not forgotten the take on the student loan post that I promised.. so look out for it soon :) Also check out Kurbaan, a Hindi movie which was quite interesting. My review to follow..

By the way, start being more open to your thoughts of me, with me! Please..

“asamyatatmana yogo
dusprapa iti me matih
vasyatmana tu yatata
sakyo ’vaptum upayatah”

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Next Prev
▲Top▲