Poralle Ponnuthayi..

| Friday, September 17, 2010
Why, when we speak of love, do we most often refer to a feeling or personal pleasure or a circumstance that makes us happy? I am not going to try and answer that today but I do want to confess my love affair with music and devotion to a singer with which I could immediately and directly relate, Swarnalatha! She had the most soulful yet stylish voice. She had a subtle pathos in her voice with songs like Porale and Oru Naal. Who can forget her emotional struggle expressing pained love in her humming of Sunta Hai? Or the lusty and flirtatious humming of Hai Rama? It is a pity that she had to die so soon so young..I will remember swarnalatha for my whole life just for this part...

"Kannil oru vali irunthal kanuvugal varuvathillai..."

Watch this space for some of her gems which I will be posting soooooon :)

1 comments:

  1. True talent she was! So sad that both IR and ARR didn't put out a public note on her demise. That way I got to give it to Yuvan who took time to write a one liner on his Twitter feed about her...

    ReplyDelete

Next Prev
▲Top▲