Pleasure in time..

| Thursday, September 23, 2010

It is half past 3 Wednesday morning and here I am sitting to blog!!! You must think I am crazy, maybe you are right. I am crazy, crazy about having pleasures when I want to and how I want to. Well, I woke up to a dream, in which I am swimming in a lake and listening to the birds chirp. In the backdrop I am also hearing a soothing voice calling my name.. I am not able to see who it is due to the glowing radiance from the reflection of the sun in the water. I wipe and rub my eyes in an attempt to get a better view but alas! I wake up.. I could not go back to bed so I decided to listen to some music to ease me into bed. But it seems music had bestowed me with inspirations to write and share its joy.

Have you seen the connection between photography and music?? Well, I think I see it like this; a photograph is a record of a moment captured, frozen in time. But exactly how long is ‘a moment’? When you take a photo, the camera’s shutter opens for a fraction of a second to expose the film (or the digital cell) inside. Usually this fraction will be somewhere between 1/250 and 1/60 of a second – and generally speaking, the smaller the aperture of your shutter, the longer you you need to expose the film. Using a pinhole camera it’s possible to keep the shutter open for longer than a second without over-exposing the picture. Much, much longer in some cases.

In a very similar way, music is a record of a moment expressed. Contradicting many I believe music is also frozen in time, though it is much more rejoiced over and over again it is about that past moment. Time’s passing is apparent to all of us: We measure it constantly; we see ourselves age, we suffer loss and celebrate renewal, we remember and predict. Yet physicists labor over a definition. Is time a fundamental property of the universe? Or is it just a by-product of the interaction of more basic laws? Does it even exist? Thanks to the limitless possibilities of music & photography, composers bend and stretch time into sculptures for us to contemplate. As these forms of art is passed down and continues to be created all over the world, it becomes apparent what a rich and resilient material time is, and how much there is to say about its incorporeal flow.

Emotional responses to what I see, hear, play even. A deep sense of connection. The child-like experience is back, that sense of utter amazement of “wow” with what I hear and see. Here I share a few hope you can connect too :)

If you’re lost you can look..and you will find me

Time after time

If you fall I will catch you..I’ll be waiting

Time after time









Unkii ulfat kaa yaqiin ho..

Unke aane kii ummiid..
Hon ye dono suuraten tab hai
bahaar intizaar..









Kaatre En Vaasal Vanthaai..
Methuvaaga Kathavu Thiranthaai..
Kaatre Un Paerai Kaettaen Kaathal Enraai..

** note this is not the original track but an unplugged solo version by Unikrishnan.





0 comments:

Post a Comment

Next Prev
▲Top▲