The rest..

| Saturday, July 31, 2010
I don't know that I would call it a resolution, but I've been so busy with work and deadlines and moving that I've hardly worked on my book in weeks. Things will be slowing down in the next week or so and not speed up till around the third week of Aug, so I really really really really hope I can finish the first draft for the publishers to look at. And to do that I needed to take a break, walk away from the clutter of workly(don't think it's a word but oh well..) work and freshen up.. so I took Sharmi's advice and went on a short yet the best drive to St Michaels where we strolled along the water bed and had some good food at Town Dock Restaurant.

Anyway we were talking and somehow ended talking about being truthful and such other emotional "crap" ;). I asked a her about truth. Her take was matter-of-fact: “It’s whatever your emotional reality is.” I tried to recall the title of this book I read by ?? I am blank again... Was it “We Are the Stories We Tell,” or “All Stories Are True”? It doesn’t really matter. What I want to know is this: What is the story I will tell about myself in thirty years, looking back on my twenty-eight-year-old self? Who will I have been? What will I have done? No matter what the answer, where I end up, I want to be able to know that I “stood on the ground and told the truth,” as my father, a tried-and-true hero ( to me at least ), says.

And as Sharmi said, “The rest is commentary." BTW, thank you Sharmiii :) I had another beautiful evening with you :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Next Prev
▲Top▲