Grandpa

| Monday, January 4, 2010

Today I got to hear that my grandfather passed away. He almost made it to the age of 86, a very respectable person. I last saw him on his 80th Birthday, it has been a while.. there is an inherent biological relationship but the emotional bonding between grandfather and grandchild comes only with effort.

Unfortunately for me I have somehow lost the emotional bond. As I sit back and recall my early childhood and teen days; I was very close to him and my Grandma. He used to sing with me and my sis, tell us stories and we had great times together. In recent times my Grandpa was suffering and when he decided to let go and follow peace, I found much happiness for him. Sorrow for my father but how could I be so selfish.

My Grandpa was a rich man in many ways, but poor in the ways of family. He was always busy in his profession that he had less time for his family and kids. Though at later times he did spend quality time with me and my siblings, it was a rare situation.

I hope that wherever my Grandfather is, that he doesn't carry any more pain and that he's really happy and free of the contempt he carried around all his life.

1 comments:

  1. I wished I had met my grandpa on both sides of my parents but I was just a bit unfortunate for I was not able to meet them all.. so sad...

    ReplyDelete

Next Prev
▲Top▲