Sharing..

| Sunday, October 25, 2009
I found these few excerpts from some of the books I currently read to be quite interesting so here, I share a few lines;

From "A Second Chance" by Abhay Charan AKA Srila Prabhupada.

"Till the hour of death the mind sustains and supports these forces in the physical body, and when life becomes extinct, the mind envelopes and carries them away. During sleep, however, the vital forces continue to function, although the mind is not manifest. This is according to the divine law and is intended to protect the body and to remove any possible doubt as to whether it is dead or alive while one is asleep. Without such arrangement by nature, sleeping bodies would often be cremated alive. "

From "The Unknown" by Camille Flammarion. This book talks about Scientific and Practical Interpretation of Dreams.

"To dream at night and the following day have the thing dreamed of actually take place, or come before your notice, is not allegorical. It is the higher or spiritual sense living or grasping the immediate future ahead of the physical mind. The spiritual body is always first to come into contact with the approaching future; it is present with it, while still future to the physical body. There is no reason why man should not grasp coming events earlier, only he does not cultivate inner sight as he does his outer senses. The allegorical is used because man weakens his spiritual force by catering to the material senses."

And finally a musical excerpt from Green Fields;

"Dear Lord, if indeed I am thine,
If thou art my sun and my song,
Say, why do I languish and pine?
And why are my winters so long?
O drive these dark clouds from my sky,
Thy soul cheering presence restore;
Or take me to thee up on high,
Where winter and clouds are no more."

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Next Prev
▲Top▲