My errings..

| Sunday, September 27, 2009
I think a lot of men just see a woman's tears as something to be fixed but not understood. Although I intensely dislike crying in front of others as it is very intimate and sharing vulnerability is not my cup of tea. It could be because of my male egoistic nature finding difficulty in sharing that tender, vulnerable part of myself.

From my experience I believe that women are a lot more expressive and emotionally in touch with their inner self than most men, a few exceptions. I, for the most part is least concerned about how others perceive me but to look weak in the eyes of my peers. But that does not rule out the fact that I have fears and feel weak when encountered by them.

The last time I cried was when I felt betrayed, more because it meant confining someone I dreamed a future with. The momentum of betrayal did not hit hard till after. The tears was mostly because I felt weak and lost at the thought of she leaving me. What I failed to notice at that time was she had cried before and I never saw the reasons for it thus my tears later!

If only, I had not seen her crying as an act which should be fixed but not to be understood, maybe my life would be different now. But I believe in what Oliver Wendell Holmes said; "What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." I have now understood that sometimes emotions are associated with relief and I need to acknowledge it not just find a way to fix it!

1 comments:

  1. hey this is muskaan how ru? hope everythin ok i lost your phone number could you please text me 601-842-4877....

    ReplyDelete

Next Prev
▲Top▲