Unnai Pol Oruvan

| Friday, September 18, 2009
Last night I saw Unnai Pol Oruvan, First day first show!!! The movie is neat and crisp. It does not revolve around Kamal or Mohanlal only but all of its characters. I am yet to see A Wednesday, a more detailed review after seeing the original will be posted in the coming weeks.

But I just wanted to touch base on the psychological aspect of the film/characters. Though the movie is not trying to support terrorism in the core it does stimulate a thought along those lines. Dr. Kamal Haasan in the later part of the movie justifies his action with an incident from the past. By this the movie is trying to suggest that not all terrorist fight against real enemies; with their unconscious anger they fight against old psychological wounds from past betrayals. It wasn’t political injustice alone that hurt these individuals, it was fraud—intellectual and emotional fraud.


I am curious to see the Hindi version and the Tamil a few more times before I come back with a detailed review of my perspective of the movie. Overall I enjoyed the movie and obviously Kamal! One of my fav scenes, is when Kamal at the end of it all showcases the fear in every common man who at some point is pushed to do some extreme activities. His body language at that one specific scene is the signature of his caliber.

Note: Do I think the movie would be a success?
Maybe not as big as Dasavatharam.
But it is a must see!

1 comments:

Next Prev
▲Top▲