Finitude

| Monday, September 7, 2009
My introduction to killing ignorance ~ I realized I am self-willed, addicted to control and self-pleasure, and unwilling to properly steward the relationships and opportunities "religious" God places in my life. I questioned my place at the temple this Sunday, attempting to leave a few times before God exposed my pride and youthful arrogance and called me to submit to the place he had called me to. The place to share love and love only!

When do I realize the finitude of my time/existence? I wonder; is it when I die someday and be a part of memory of the ones I love? They all will die someday and all memory of Jegan in this world will die with them. Is that the extent of my presence here?

Finitude and transcendence are both only fully realized when an individual engages with others. This dialectic position cannot be taught, in the same way a deep and practical understanding of purusarthas more specifically, Kama cannot be taught. This position allows two individuals to engage one another as equals, to see where the limitations of those specific circumstances arise and to understand how the limitations can be overcome.

But then we live past purusarthas, an example; take a teacher, by our common conception, does not engage a student as an equal and this lack of mutual reciprocity between the two is what stands in the way of purusarthas being a teachable concept. Thus creating the end to Self realization at a very early age. There is sorrow in finitude. The Self is beyond time, space and objects. It is infinite and hence of the nature of absolute happiness. And I need to practice my true being.

Quoting Adi Sankaracharya; "What is enquiry into the Truth? It is the firm conviction that the Self is real, and all, other than that, is unreal."

We, humans are job-assigning creatures. We will even assign jobs to Gods! But it is because we fail to realize the Self, we never complete the assigned job or realize it even! Instead we held happiness in acquiring/conquering the tamas. I need to examines the limitations and possibilities that emerge from the interaction between intellectual and interpersonal relationships. This, I hope is one way to realize Self. Here, the body and the soul needs Self realization!

Once again to quote Adi Sankaracharya; "Knowing that I am different from the body, I need not neglect the body. It is a vehicle that I use to transact with the world. It is the temple which houses the Pure Self within."

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Next Prev
▲Top▲