YES! So What?

| Sunday, February 6, 2005
Today I went to the Ritz Camera Shop in Anne Arundel Mills Shopping Complex with my brother. We were talking or I was talking to the sales rep Dona, when she was telling me that they utilize Adobe Photo Shop to restore old and damaged photos.. upon hearing that I said is that right.. I know how to use Adobe myself :)

Later my brother:

You know, Dona ( sales rep from Ritz ) would have thought me to be an egoist person!

And I am like huh? YYYY ??? Anyway.. so ???

I don't deny I am an egoist. Who isn't? Those who are sure of themselves, who don't suffer complexes or neuroses, who can laugh at others and at themselves -- they are egoists.

Of course there are imposters, but you can spot the difference. It sounds contradictory but an egoist is humble. Take myself. When I think that despite all the countless combinations of life and circumstances, I am what I am (and I am not speaking behind a burning bush), I feel truly humbled -- I could have been worse, like many of my acquaintances!

I would rather like to break out in bellyfuls of laughter -- spontaneous, unrestrained and loud, laughing at myself, at difficult situations, and at difficult people. I am confident there is no situation or person I cannot handle. But, occasionally, there are situations and people I really cannot handle, so, instead of being bemused, I act amused :)

note: "people" is just an example.


Your views are more than welcome :)

5 comments:

  1. When your core mind is highy defensive regardless of any matter, your consciousness of your own identity devotes to self interest without regard to the interest of others is when you have hit the point " Bingo ". Of course there are a few very positive sides to it and one of which is self-motivatation.Brother, please be sure of one thing AND please understand that Confidence,Pride and Ego are three different things.Even though they may relate to each other.And Sir, Egoist do suffer a complex which is termed as Egoism in psychology.Please do a little research on this to feed your brain.And yesterday i was not pointing out if the sales rep would've thought that you were an egoist or something.I was pointing out your instant response.Jegan, yesterday may not be the best example but generalize your thoughts and beliefs and maybe you'll discover something.All i simply want is, others to talk about your achievements and not to hear it from your own mouth in your own words.Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. muthevi .. uthaipattu sagaporai! try and understand wat i said abt egoism...'Of course there are imposters, but you can spot the difference. " purinjukoo..u should know better..

    ReplyDelete
  3. "It sounds contradictory but an egoist is humble...." unheard of phenomenon...... humble and ego don't go together. its like saying god and the devil share an apartment downtown.... where god is humble and the devil being egoistic.... they can't be in one house.. house being u jegan.... and an egoist would never laugh at themselves but would laugh twice as hard at others..... and if ur humble u would not come out and say ur egoistic.... and if ur egoistic u would not say ur humble.... so decide which u want to be.... be humble or egoistic.... don't thread the fence be a man choose......

    something to help u with the decision making
    1. egotist, egoist, swellhead -- (a conceited and self-cantered person)
    2. humble (vs. proud) -- (marked by meekness or modesty; not arrogant or prideful; "a humble apology"; "essentially humble...and self-effacing, he achieved the highest formal honours and distinctions"- B.K.Malinowski)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I never said I am an egoist, not at all times at least I have the guts to say out loud that I am an egoist at times.. but what I am is humble. And show your self don't be anonymous cause I value your thoughts and would like to know who u r...my instincts says Ur..Vino..am I right?

    ReplyDelete

Next Prev
▲Top▲