Perusing to pursue!

| Saturday, December 11, 2010
Be shameless, be persuasive! What do you love? or Who do you love? I don't know about you but I can tell you that I love myself more than any others first. Mind you, it does not mean I love myself only but all I am saying is its always me first... I know it not a very appealing statement to a few, the few who do not dare face the truth. Anyway I’m currently in the middle of “Soul Coaching” which so far has been wonderful in leading exercises that are clearing up a lot in my life. I've been in a reading mood the last few weeks, and I just picked up book number four. I think my brain must have needed some quiet, some time to focus. And, the reading helps. Anyway here are the titles and a one or two line thoughts of it ;)

Hack by Mellisa Plaut, a cab driver in New York, who blogged (So naturally I liked her style of writing ;)) about her experiences as a cabbie. Her blog afforded a realistic glimpse into the city’s life, and caught the eye of publishing house last year. The book, Hack: How I Stopped Worrying About What to Do With My Life and Started Driving a Yellow Cab is a very good read... very insightful.

Too soon old, too late smart by Gordon Livingston, is something that I can see myself read again and again and still be touched by it. Here is a quote below; it won't spoil the book for you, if you ever mean to read it, just like Dr. Livingston's titles didn't change what I would take away from his observations.

"We love someone when the importance of his or her needs and desires (to us) rises to the level of our own."


The Selfish Gene by Richard Dawkins is a very manual and manifesto book for everyone who will consider reading it. I consider myself spectacularly unqualified to hold much of an opinion on Evolutionary Biology, but I found the book extremely interesting. So its all your call now!

Ruth just pulled another book off of her shelf, and I'll start it today. Ruth, an ardent reader has a similar taste to mine when it comes to books, so I am looking forward to it. Anyway the book is titled Oogy and it is by Larry Levin.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Next Prev
▲Top▲