Testimony, I shall make!

| Thursday, March 22, 2012
I would compare Ilaiyaraja's music to two serpants making love, the complex western classical notes chasing and hugging the simple and sweet eastern folk, guided by the rules of classical music as if these lovers are running across a paddy field creating a terrific melody flowing as smooth as a breeze.

Mudhumai Orunaal Namai Vandhu Theendum
Moonraam Kaalil Naam Nirka Vaendum
Mudiyaip Paarththaal Muzhu Vellai
Madiyil Thavazhum Magan Pillai
Neeyaendhik Konja Naan Konjam Kenja
Pooppoanra Pinju En Nenjil Thunja
Paayadhanil Nee Saayndhirukka
Pasiyadangi Naan Oayndhirukka
Irukkum Varikkum Enai Dhinasari Anusari



This shall be the start; I had come over all nostalgic and started to create top 50 lists from my formative years. And this song will be one of the 50 songs I am going to post about in the coming days.. into months. I must strongly emphasise that this list in no way reflects any order of my favourite music. In fact, it doesn’t even necessarily reflect any order just a few songs I have come cross over the years– it is merely the music and words that, for some reason, sticks in my mind from my early years. As you know I LOVE music as it it to me the air I breath!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Next Prev
▲Top▲