Cheesy

| Saturday, January 22, 2011

I'm standing in the queue at Dunkin Donut's for an early brekkie. An unusual for me. I usually eat my breakfast at home but today I just wanted to try something different... allow me to explain.

I've been out since 5.45AM and that was three quarters of an hour after I woke up this morning. I have just taken a drive... a joy drive around my hood. Dunkin's, being one of the only few places open that early, had a long queue at the counter. I'm one of those people in the queue, not looking very different from the rest of the early risers. No surprise!

Guy before me had a cappuccino in hand, says to the kid behind the counter, "I'm waiting for my hotcakes". Kid says, "But you haven't ordered hotcakes, sir. You only ordered cappuccino". Guy storms out, "Alright, don't give me hotcakes. I'll go to work another day without food". You can't help feeling sorry for the crazy nutter. Everyone else is too busy to notice.

"Next please!"

My turn. I order a hot chocolate and veggie flatbread. It looks yum in the pictures, can't wait to dig into it. I settle down in a seat, fondling my Vibrant and gulping large sips of hot chocolate. "I'll eat the cheesy veggie flatbread when I get home", I think. Ten minutes later, my phone goes off. I guess my bro was wondering where I was so early on a Sunday. I pick up my drink and start walking slowly out the door, finish my hot chocolate and trash the cup as get into my car. I'm one with a heavy foot as those who drove with me will tell. The drive, a good 4 minutes before getting home got me excited. I was doing 80+ on an empty road.. if nothing else, my addiction to speeding will kill me! As I get closer to my home, I am excited. I can't wait to get home and eat my... Hang on, where's my...? I can see a picture in my mind's eye. A brown paper bag with orange logo, delicious smelling cheesy flat bread... sitting on the black, shiny granite-top table at Dunkin Donut's. I can't help but think of the guy before me in the queue...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Next Prev
▲Top▲