Caution, this post contains 23 words !!!

| Monday, February 26, 2007
So, I went to crack the Jim Carrey code: The new Jim Carrey movie demonstrated that no one is safe from mental illness - anyone can become psychotic which I really enjoyed. I am also thrilled on how it was filmed, how the colors worked together. Not to mention Jim's performance not only convinced me that he was loosing his grip on reality, but he also made the audience laugh out loud on numerous occasions. As for the story, I think it is very disjointed. One second you are following along a clue in the present, only to be transported back in time to a scene from the book that doesn't seem to have any relation to it. The relationships to most of these flashbacks/recounts don't get explained until the end of the movie (as expected) but I found the fragmented nature of the storytelling to be more trouble than it was worth. Perhaps it was the fact that everyone in the movie played multiple characters. Or maybe it is because I tend to get autistic with movies like this - I was equally confused by Memento and Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind.

BTW, maybe it is not 23 words, but I thought that was a good line!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Next Prev
▲Top▲