Training

| Saturday, July 1, 2006


Subramani jumped up and down, waving its front legs (hands) around and generally trying its best to get a raise out of me. It was funny! So anyway I 've been very busy with my little buddy teaching him; housebreaking, Subramani has been pretty good at not having accidents in the house, I take him outside and he goes. He’s getting good at staying by me outside that I do not have to take him out on leash.



But what I am working really hard on, is getting him to Socialize; I’ve made a point to be sure to play with his feet, put my hands in his mouth to remove things, and touch his food while he’s eating. This will help to make him a lot less aggressive as he gets older. The only thing he has a bit of a problem with is when I put my hands in his mouth to take something away. He tries to make a game of tug-of-war out of it by clamping down harder. I’ve just been firm and not pulled, but sternly said “drop it” while holding the item, and he usually loosens his grip enough for me to take it.



But persistence is the Key and I know it!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Next Prev
▲Top▲